top of page


Pensacola Attorneys Advising Individuals in Family Law Matters: Enforcement of Court Orders

Court orders must be thoroughly reviewed and diligently followed.  Violating a court order can have consequences for the non-compliant party.   If the opposing party in your case is not complying with a court order, you can ask the Court to enforce it and to grant a remedy to you.   For example, if you are owed child support or alimony, you can ask the Judge to award you all past due support, attorney’s fees and costs, and any other available sanction, including incarceration.   If the opposing party violates a parenting plan, you can seek make-up time, attorney’s fees and other available sanctions.   Repeated violations of parenting plans may be grounds for a modification of the Court order.  If this is affecting you, please discuss this with your Pensacola family court lawyer.  

When we go to Court we will seek to show the Court that the following facts or circumstances warrant an award in your favor:

The opposing party knew a court order was in place that defined their obligation to you.
The opposing party had the ability to comply with the order but willfully failed to do so.    

Additionally, the Court has other available tools to remedy violations of court orders, including but not limited to:

Compensatory or coercive fines, a monetary judgment with prejudgment interest, garnishment of the violating party’s wages, income withholding orders for future support payments, a writ of possession for real/personal property.

If you are in need of enforcing a court order, or seek to consult with a family law attorney regarding the remedies available for contempt of a court order, please contact The Law Firm of  Brad G. Fisher, P.A. to discuss your rights.  

bottom of page